Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Polyester pants…yes, please!


I remember thinking as a teenager, I would never wear those bright-colored, polyester pants all of the “old” women wore with elastic bands around the waist. 
 
 
Oh no, I was going to be a fashionably cognizant older woman who would wear form-fitting, classy clothing, and carry designer handbags.    
 

Did I mention I wasn’t too bright as a teenager?

As I have become this “older” woman, I have come to understand why “those” women wear pants with elastic bands.  When I am about to go number one…unbuttoning and unzipping pants is no fun!  It’s a sprint to the bathroom from the start…and, once I know it is time to go…get out of my way Chico!  
So, now I have learned to love and embrace pants with elastic bands.  They make “going,” so much easier!  And, here is the best part about embracing elastic band pants in our day and age…Ponte Pants!  Yes, finally designers have figured it out.  No more bright-colored, nerdy, elastic band pants!  Now we have designer, professional, Ponte Pants!  All major, classy department and fashion shops sell them.  And, they cannot keep them in stock!
I own 2 pair in every color.  I have classic black, grey, brown, crème, and even red!  These pants are now part of my everyday life!  It is not a matter of what I am wearing; it is a matter of what blouse I wear with which color Ponte Pant?  

Although, I will say I have also fallen in love with a clothing brand called, Lularoe.  Lularoe offers comfort, but in figure-flattering designs!  No buttons or zippers to deal with on their clothing either…and their leggings are to die for!  These clothes were meant for sprints to the ladies room!  I was only introduced to Lularoe this year, but I can wear any of their blouses with any of my Ponte Pants.  That makes me a happy girl! 
 
Getting old changes everything in our lives…even our clothing. I guess it is a rite of passage.  It is a sucky rite of passage, but one all the same.  And, I have made that transition.  Yes, I am now an “older” woman who wears pants with elastic bands.

May your hot flashes be mild, and your wrinkles even milder!
Kim York


 

No comments:

Post a Comment