Monday, March 21, 2016

Get those wrinkled hands off my steering wheel!

Driving to work last week, I had an “a-ha” moment, except mine was more like an “o-crap” moment.  As I was driving along, I glanced down at the steering wheel.  At that moment, I didn’t recognize the hands driving my car.  That could not possibly be MY hands!  They look like my grandmother’s!  Where did all of those wrinkles come from?  I know they weren’t there yesterday!!

I feel as though I got old overnight.  I was looking in the mirror as I put on my massive amounts of make-up this morning, and I saw wrinkles around my eyes and mouth I had never noticed before.  Seriously, how could this happen so suddenly?  I know I have to “tinkle” much more than I used to, and I get that my joints ache much more now-a-days, and I understand 50 is really not the new 30.  But, how do wrinkles just seem to form overnight? UGH!

Now, I find myself looking at “those” advertisements that used to completely annoy me.  Here are just a few:

1.   RoC® RETINOL CORREXION® Deep Wrinkle Serum

This anti-aging formula is clinically proven to help visibly reduce both fine lines and deep wrinkles.
 
2.   Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
Anti-aging moisturizer hydrates and renews to firm and lift, helping retain skin’s youthful surface contours
Reduces the look of up to 10 years of wrinkles in just 4 weeks
Formula with advanced Amino-Peptide Complex penetrates deep into skin surface to visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles fast
Visible wrinkle results start day 1
3.   Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair
 
Clinically proven to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles in just one week.

Wrinklecreamguide.net offers their two-cents worth regarding the top wrinkle creams for us Menopausal Moms to purchase.  Prices can be as low as $25.99, but some sell for $179.99.  All that I can say is, “wow!”  And, that is not a good “wow.”
 

The advertisements for wrinkle reduction creams are actually flooding the market now…of course we know Baby Boomers are all part of this market, so it makes sense. We are a big group!  And, I am one of the last Baby Boomers…December 1964!  I was a late Boomer… J

But, this market is not just focused on females.  Nope, women are not alone in this race to reduce wrinkles.  There are many males out there in search of younger looking skin too!  According to an article by CNBC, titled, “
Real men don't cry—but they are exfoliating,” men are part of a growing market of consumers in search of personal care products and “mampering.”  Yes, I’m serious.  This term refers to men who want to be pampered, and evidently this includes a lot of men!  I'm not judging....


This is a blurb from the December 2014 article:
http://www.cnbc.com/2014/12/05/

 Since 2012, beauty and personal care launches specifically targeted at men have increased globally by more than 70 percent, according to Mintel. In 2014, total U.S. sales for the men's personal care market hit $4.1 billion, up 6.7 percent from 2012 and 19 percent from 2009, making it one of the fastest-growing segments of the beauty industry. Mintel predicts sales will grow to $4.6 billion by 2019.”

But, which products are best? 

I decided to go to a higher quality department store to ask for suggestions.  The suggestion was, by more than one sales person, or consultant of other brands, to use Clinique products, so I am giving them a try.  The 3-piece set is assembled based on your skin type.  My skin is very dry, so I have moisturizing soap, moisturizer and moisture surge make-up.  I even bought a product specific to tightening up the loose skin above my eyes.  I will keep you updated on my progress.  Oh, and my total purchase was about $150.00.  I didn’t think that was too expensive. 
I hope my husband doesn't read this.
But, do any of our readers have products they are using that they could recommend?  Do the products have to be expensive?  I had one person tell me just to use cocoanut oil.  Has anyone tried that?  Let’s try to help each other out.  Testing these products could get really expensive!  Just comment below and tell us what works, or does not work, for you. 

May your hot flashes be mild and your wrinkles even milder!
Kim York

No comments:

Post a Comment