Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Waves of Hot Flashes Like Storms on Bill Meck's Storm Tracker Doppler

Today has been a day when I have had wave after wave of hot flashes. I am fairly new to the hot flash universe.  I am just now starting to recognize when I feel like a marshmallow aflame from the inside well enough to say to myself  "oh, hot flash."
I don't know much about how they work. I should and maybe that is something we can learn together. Or maybe you can tell me. Either way, I've a lot to learn.
I do know that a helpful Goggle search told me the answer to a hot flash is to stand in front of an open freezer in order to offset the hot in the flash. That appears to be the best my Goggle medical degree can offer.
I am beginning to see that mine seem to be exaggerated by stressful situations. I had such a stressful situation when I was getting ready to do a big interview for my job and, for the first, time I could l feel my makeup sliding off my face. So what do you do? I smiled and shook hands and pretended like it was normal for my hairline to be weeping.
So, a few months in, I am getting better at saying....this is a hot flash. OK. I am not dying or experiencing a preview of eternal damnation.
So today, when for some reason they were hitting so hard and so frequently it reminded me of Bill Meck.
A few weeks ago here in Central Kentucky we had a terrible night of storms. My daughter and I spent hours in the only safe hallway in our house listening to Bill Meck predict down to the minute, the damaging winds and deadly hail that was raining down upon us as sirens wailed
For those who aren't aware, Bill Meck is a very enthusiastic local weather guy. I find his animation overwrought but when there is a storm, I am watching Mr. Meck.
I don't know if I find it comforting to know down to the second when my life may be in danger but it is informative. And, I suppose, such precise prediction gives me a chance to get right with my Maker although given my history I might need more than 15 minutes to correct the record.
Anyway, that's how the hot flashes have been today. Wave after Wave. Storm Tracker Doppler Worthy. Maybe someday I'll be Meck-ian and able to predict when they are coming and when they will leave.
For now, I'll just try to find the nearest freezer.
Unless someone has a better solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment