Friday, October 31, 2014





Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About

The older I get, it seems, the better I can afford to do fun and exciting things.  However, finally having the financial means to do fun and exciting things, doesn’t mean I actually do them.  I’m tired.

I’m tired when I get up in the morning.  I’m tired through the day.  And, I am REALLY tired when I get home from work.  Vitamin deficiency you may say, and you would be correct.  My doctor is always prescribing vitamin D, and I take a vitamin B everyday…along with a “senior” vitamin.  It seems the older I get, the more I take.


But, the inner child in me really wants to have fun!  Now-a-days, this fun consists of taking pictures of my dogs and putting them on Facebook, playing Words with Friends, playing Candy Crush, and if I am really feeling energetic, I may actually rent a movie through my cable company.  Although, I did make it to an actual theater to see 2 movies this year…and this was a good year.

When I was younger, I wondered why so many “old men” drove fancy sports cars.  Now, I know!  This is how older guys have fun!  First, they can finally afford one, and it’s something that doesn’t exert much energy. They also look “sporty” and “youthful” driving around in “that” fast car they had always envisioned themselves driving.  And, they think women find them sexy.  You know I’m right! 
                                             
 

This doesn’t work for women.  An older woman behind the wheel of a sports car just doesn’t have the same appeal.  Again, you know I’m right! 

The one thing I see with aging women is that we become obsessed with the lives of others.  We have these “enquiring” minds that want to know.  Don’t open your mouth wide with shock.  If you are that special woman who has never shared a little “neighborly news,” God bless you! 

But, if I were to name the number one thing I believe aging women do for fun, it would be stick our noses where they don’t belong.  This is why we LOVE FACEBOOK!  Facebook gives us the opportunity to be nosey 24 hours a day/seven days a week, and it takes virtually no energy. 

You know what I am talking about.  I am sure you have the Facebook App on your phone so that you can check it at least 115 times a day.   You scour the posts of your friends for that one item that makes you gasp…then you are compelled to share it with all of your friends.  Then…you have to keep checking back to see how many “likes” and comments you get.  YOU are the center of attention for …at least an hour.

Menopausal women of Kentucky, we are pathetic!  We must break free of this obsession.  We can afford to do more and be more!   I say go buy a sport’s car!  This way, all of those women who choose not to buy a sport’s car and keep on spreading the news, will have something to talk about!

                                                          

1 comment:

  1. You must have much more exciting Facebook friends than I do. I never get gasp-inducing news. :)

    ReplyDelete